Advantages of doing a short sale?
Advantages of doing a short sale?
How do I, as a homeowner, benefit from doing a short sale?
- You will be eligible, under Fannie Mae guidelines, to buy another home in 2 years instead of 5 to 7 years.
- You can save your money during the process and not worry about being foreclosed on.
- Get rid of all of your negative equity and start fresh.
- If your credit report does not reflect a 60-day+ late pay, under Fannie Mae guidelines, you will be eligible to buy another home immediately.
- It will usually stop all collection calls.
Doing a Short Sale
Most of all it relieves the stress of being in foreclosure and being harassed by the mortgage lender; and it allows your to get rid of your big mortgage payment and move on with your life. Doing a short sale allows you to stop the foreclosure and get a fresh start. This is the primary benefit to you.
A short sale also prevents additional damage to your credit.
Having some late payments and a foreclosure filed has already done damage to your credit. However, a completed foreclosure will do much more damage and lower your credit score tremendously. A short sale results in the mortgage actually being paid off, which reflects positively compared to a foreclosure. Also, it is important to note that the short sale does not cost you any money. You can remove this burden for free.
Doing a short sale..Will it “save my credit”?
The short answer is yes and no, a short sale can save you from the worst credit disasters. By going late on mortgage payments and or having a foreclosure filed against your home, you have already done quite a bit damage to your credit. Most of the damage is done with the late payments. Your credit score has declined and those negatives will stay on your credit report for some time. However, it will get much worse if you allow the foreclosure to continue and do not try to sell the property, doing a short sale will lees the effects. Once a property is sold at auction, your credit score is further reduced and when the foreclosure is completed via eviction and repossession of the home, your credit will be even further damaged.
If you can do a short sale BEFORE either of these takes place, then you can prevent that further damage to your credit. In addition, doing a short sale, it shows up on your credit as a “Paid” mortgage and a canceled foreclosure, which shows future creditors that you did take care of your obligations. A short sale can help avoid this, but the key is not to wait. Get started today by contacting me to help sell your home.
Drawbacks to Foreclosure
- The right of home ownership is striped away.
- Homeowners return to the rental market as a renter.
- The bank may post a Notice of Public Sale on your front door.
- Your credit takes a nose dive, and a foreclosure will remain on your credit report for 10 years.
- Under Fannie Mae guidelines, without extenuating circumstances, you will not be eligible to buy another home for 7 years. if your not doing a short sale.
Get my Free Short Sale E-Book
By acting quickly, you can get all of the help and advice you’ll ever need for absolutely FREE! Accept a copy as a gift from me to you. No credit card required. No hidden agenda. Just get the book and keep it. Pass it on. It’s yours. For FREE. Decide for yourself if a doing a short sale is right for you.
Short Sale E-Book
Claim Your FREE Copy Right Now By Simply Entering Your Name And Email Below… I’m Confident You’ll Be Glad You Did!
“This book answered the questions my Realtor couldn’t!” -Wade Halverson- Santa Monica, CA
Free Short Sale E-Book
Doing a short sale may be in your best interest.